Monday, June 5

Why pick that one?

What I don't get is Pinata's.
Parents pick out their childs favorite cartoon character and then fill it with candy so that the child can beat it up till it all falls out. Why does the kid even want to beat his favorite character up? Just because there is candy in it? Hrm...I still don't get it.
Why not pick some character that the kid really hates then have him/her beat it up. Then they will actually have some point other than candy to beat the thing up. Or do they just get some sorta weird pleasure out of seeing their favorite character torn to shreds, just for the little treats inside. Or maybe their favorite character isn't really as special to them as a bit of candy is.
Myself if I was every given the opportunity of beating the crap out of something a pinata, and had the choice of what kind of pinata I wanted to beat up, I wouldn't pick my favorite character, or anything that in any way resembled cute. Maybe an ugly version of my favorite character, but not the one that really looks like it.


This maybe, because it just looks bad, and doesn't even look like the character its supposed to be. I mean look at it, its hideous, I would be happy to beat something like that up because its just discusting looking and doesn't deserve anything else but be beaten up. At least you get something good like candy out of the process of beating it up. Its gotta pay off for something. Right?



But definately not this one, its just too cute, and it definately looks like him. I wouldn't want to beat him up just for some candy, heck I wouldn't even buy the thing, because I wouldn't even need it to beat up. But still, its the thought that counts.

I'm not saying by any means that spongebob is my favorite character, just one that I really like. And it would just be sad to watch it be decimated just for some pieces of candy that I could buy a bag of or get some ugly thing that I wouldn't mind the thought of beating it up.

But also buying a pinata is a waste of money anyways, and instills in children that you should beat something up to get what you want. Now do you want your child thinking like that? No, so save your money and just buy the candy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better idea! Save your money, your sanity, and your child and give him an apple instead of candy!

Mwahahahahaha!!!!

My kids are going to love me....

Anonymous said...

a candied apple?

Anonymous said...

think about it... are we supposed to be giving our kids candy anyway. Isn't that confusing the kids a bit when they read they we aren't supposed to eat it because it is bad for us and then we go and get it for them????
I'd go for the apple idea or even the peanuts and raising or something healthy and yummy. Why do we have to go along with some kind of tradition anyway... aren't we supposed to be iconiclasts... and I don't mean that gives us an excused to beat some poor pinata to death for the apple anyway. I agree with you.