Sunday, June 18

Happy Father's Day!

I'd just like to wish my Dad a happy fathers day.
I know I'm not the best daughter, I wasn't always nice to you, I had my battles and trials about you being the father figure in my life instead of my real Papa, but you did good.
You put up with me, you waited patiently for me to finally come around and see you as something other than the big bad guy all the time(even though I'm sure sometimes you were ready to chortle me). And you taught me many things which I will never forget.

Such as:
How to make fried egg sandwhiches
Practice makes perfect (or pretty close to it)
How to mark my bible
To put God's will first


And many other things, those are just a few that came off the top of my head.
So all this to say, I hope that you have a wonderful day, that you'll see this post sometime, and know that I love you, though I tend to hide it a lot, and that I'll always remember and appreciate that you were there for me probably through the toughest spots of my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, thank you Dear.

Every Father, who has genuinely loved his chidren, desires down deep to hear such a sweet sentiment, at least once in his lifetime, from one (if not all) of his chidren. Thank you.

And, for those of you reading this...TAKE HEED! If you HAVEN'T given your Mom & Dad such a piece of your heart on their "day", at LEAST once...Pary about doing so. It COULD be a literal "turning point" in their lives! At the LEAST, it'll be a "UNFORGETABLE MOMENT"...forever!

BTW Lani,...you were worth every minute, tear & prayer!

Love Ya!

Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey, I said ILY too, gosh. heh


Love you Dad! :D KGFG!