Monday, June 12

Excitement of the evening

So I was sitting here quietly on my computer when suddenly I hear blood curdling screams coming from somewhere in the house.
Then laughter, so I think to myself, "Somebody probably just scared someone half to death, and thats the cause of the scream."
So that being solved, I continue what I was doing.
Then, more screams, this time they don't sound like someone scared them out of their minds, they sound as if something else scared them out of their minds, and judging from the scuffle I hear going on, its probably not human either.
So I decide to ignore it a while longer, being as I don't want to get caught up in the middle of things. But then curiosity takes the toll on me when I hear a few more screams coming from the kitchen area. So I decide to investigate.
So I creep out of my room...treading causciously so as not to be attacked by whatever they are facing. I reach the entrance to the kitchen, and slowly walk down the steps.
There's a scuffle going on in the kitchen, and it looks like things are getting messy. Kitchen table here, chairs strewn across the floor. Juan running in and out of the kitchen yelling, little Johnny grinning and doing the same thing, and Suzy probably with a broom in her hands. Looked like quite the excitement.
I grin and slowly ask whats the matter. They all just look at me for a second, then Juan gestures to me to go back out.
I look to my right and there behind the safety of the glass door stands all the women, besides Suzy of course (she knows how to take care of her own). And they start telling me to get out of the kitchen as well. I just look at them, and ask them calmly about what's happening.
They tell me its a rat.
A rat in the kitchen? Noo....surely we would have come across it sooner. But if it is indeed one it sure picked a good time to come out of hiding.
I decide to retreat back to my room, don't want some rat running over my room anyways.
Later Terry comes in and tells me breathlessly, "We got it, and it wasn't a rat."
"Really?" I ask him, "So what was it?"
"A Possum."
Great, I wonder, so how did that get in the house. But I kept wondering to myself.
Terry leaves the room a few minutes later, then Juan pokes his head in the room, gesturing me to come see their catch of the day. I avidly shake my head a vicious no. He smiles and leaves, leaving the door open.
Then a minute later he comes back in with, you guessed it, the possum, in a cage though. So I'm safe. Great, now we have a possum for a pet? Don't tell me its true. Do you know how many diseases those animals probably carry? Enough to make start itching.
So they decide against the plan of keeping the possum, or maybe it wasn't a plan after all, they perhaps just wanted to see my reaction about the possibility of it being a pet. Anyways, they take it outside of our property and took it on a long walk.
To where?
I don't know.
What did they do with it?
Same answer


Will post pictures that Terry got with my camera later, I'm too lazy at the moment

No comments: