Tuesday, January 23

It is finished

Isn't that feeling you get when you feel like you've accomplished something, simply wonderful?
I'm proud to say I finally finished a piece of art that I started almost 2 years ago.
I have no idea why it took me this long to complete it, only that I went through many stages of those 2 years where I had no inspiration at all to draw.
But now that I've completed this drawing I feel really good, and actually am hoping to get back into drawing and art more.
See, the thing about me with art, is that the pictures I draw have to inspire me to draw them. They have to have some kind of element in them that just catches my eyes, whether its the pose, the person, or the shadows, it has to capture my attention and keep me enthralled the whole time I'm drawing it.
If it doesn't inspire me, then I simply won't draw it.
Sure, tons of people say I should be an artist for WS, but honestly, I couldn't take that kind of pressure and force myself to draw like that. I draw for fun, I draw when inspired, I don't draw because someone tells me to, when that happens I usually lose all inspiration for a while and its tough for me to get back into the groove, unless of course they have a really good photo which they want me to draw.
Thus said, here is the drawing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it