Tuesday, January 2

Another year with you

Dear My Love,

Here I am, I’ve made it in another year of service for you, I’ve overcome the obstacles and trials and hurdles and I’m still here. Of course, all of that I couldn’t have possibly done without you, My love. For you’ve always been there for me, you’ve lifted me up when I’ve fallen, you’ve encouraged me when I had no hope, you’ve cried with me when I had the need to cry, and you’ve laughed with me when there was joy in my heart.

I know I couldn’t have made it without you there every step of the way. I know that I had trouble making it sometimes and that you had to carry me a lot, but I’m still here, and that’s all that should matter.

You are my only hope, you are my only love, you are the only reason that I’m still here in this family serving you and living for you. I have nothing else that I can say that I’m here for, except you.

I’ve had plenty of opportunity and temptations to leave this family, but I decided to stick it out for a little longer, to give it one more chance, and you have given me many chances and lifted me out of the depths so many times that I cannot repay you at all, except to give my life for you like you have done for me.

I don’t know what this next year brings, I don’t know what I will be doing or where I’ll be a year from now, but you know, you know the many choices I have to make and the different paths I have to walk down in order to be in your perfect will.

I hope that in a year from now, I will be exactly where you want me to be, I hope that I will be able to make it in another year for you, and that I’ll be writing you another letter like this to you in a year from now. I know I can’t do it on my own, but you have the faith needed for me to make it when I have none, you have the will and desire to keep me going when I can’t possibly go on any longer in my own strength, you can help me to make it in another year of service for you.

I am nothing; I have nothing to offer you except myself, except that I will commit to serving you one day at a time, which is all I have to offer you. So please accept that, accept that I am willing to commit to at least trying this next year to stay in committed service to you. Accept that I want to be willing, I want to be where you want me to be, accept that I may stumble and fall, accept that I might not have the strength to get back up again, accept that I want to be your bride, your humble servant, that I want to be here in a year from now dedicating my life to you once again. Accept all that from your lowly servant and lover, and I know that I will be able to make it with you.

You’re all I have, all that I should be wanting, so make me want you more than anything else this coming year, make me forget about all the worldly temptations of the flesh, make me desire you above all that I might serve you to the full. Make me a better vessel for your service.

Your lowly servant and bride,

Leilani

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Leilani. That was very nice and very humble. I have made something like it recently and will hopefully write it down on my blog sometime soon I hope.

Anonymous said...

Cool Man. I mean Lady. Heh. I dunno you, but this was very nicely put...very well said and expressed. did you write this yourself? quite impressive.

-josh

Anonymous said...

Heh. SIlly of me. I didn't even read it through, cuz I wanted to comment on how nice it is... of course you wrote it yourself. VERY COOL! sorry bout my dumb comments:)
-Josh

Anonymous said...

haha, tks, yeh I wrote it, just a spur of the moment inspiration for the new year.