Thursday, January 5

happy times

ok, so I just got back from Mexico today, took a full 24 hours drive to get back here. I didn't sleep at all last night, not due to insomnia but due to watching Dark Angel Series 2 all night long. Worldy, yes I know, but there was nothing else to do, it was either that, or sleep in a very cramped position to which I'd wake up all grumpy like. The trip down was bad enough, but memorable. I finally fell asleep at the border, but then was awakened 20 minutes later to have breakfast, slept most of the way up to Austin, then got a cappuciono and sleep was squelched by that and Sun chips, my all time favorite chips in the whole world.
I partied in Mex city for New Years, was pretty groovy, didn't know even half the people there but still had fun. I hung around people I did know, sat in a corner, talked to people I didn't know, made new friends, played a crazy game where you try to pop a balloon thats stuck out of someones back pocket with your teeth, I lost. Danced and laughed. I had fun. It was a pretty groovy party.
Anyhow, all that is over, and just memories in my mind to which only I am amused by it all. But I'm home, had a great time, miss all the people I met, and I miss Mexico.
It grows on you after a while, my first impression was that is was an ok place, but then after spending two weeks there, anc coming back to the states, I actually liked it. It was a pretty awesome place to be, and I miss it.
This is a drawing I did of my adorable nephew Alex while I was down there, had some time on my hands so pulled up a picture that was taken and drew it, I gave the original to my sister-in-law, so all I have is a digital photo of it, but its all good.
mythos signing out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey theres Alex! so cute.....thats a real good drawing Lani.....luv ya!!!