Wednesday, January 11

Reminiscing on the past

So I'm going through old pictures that my mom asked me to go through, pictures of us ballooning when I was 10, when I was 12 etc. Pictures of C'mas shows that we did years ago, and they all bring back such good memories (of course there are a few bad ones mixed in, but I prefer to dwell on happy times).
Isn't it odd that you usually remember only the best times, I don't speak for everybody, cause we all do remember some pretty bad times in our lives, but when you look back on it, it doesn't seem so bad after all and you find that you can laugh about that stupid thing that really pissed you off at that time.
Anyhow, so I'm going through these pictures, and I remember so many times where life seemed so much simpler. Of course, I hadn't really been introduced to the world yet, so maybe that hadn't clouded my viewpoint then. But, still nonetheless, life seemed so much easier. No screaming children--besides the ones I ran into while out ballooning--lots of smiles, laughter, and best of all, I still remember them.
Its amazing how your memory is triggered when you look at pictures. You remember what you were feeling at the time that picture was taken. Remember some of the events of that day. And you remember, that because of all those annoying c'mas shows you did, you probably were made famous in some kids mind for a brief while of time.
Another thing that gets me when I look at pictures is how much people have changed throughout your life. Their personality, their tastes, their looks and sometimes I'm tempted to believe that we really do improve with time...but then I remember that once you hit 40 then things just seem to fall apart, or just plain fall (such as breasts).
When I look back to when these pictures were taken during my life, I actually miss it, miss those times of happiness. The closeness I had with my friends, even though they did get on my nerves sometimes. But I think about it, and I really miss it. I was told so many times that I'd look back on that time in my life and see that it was a blessing, I didn't believe it at the time, but now I do. I see my life now, how much harder it has become to live and make it through each day, and I look back then, and I wish things could be like that again.
Of course, probably after a day or two of reliving life back then, I'd want things back up to date again, you can't live in the past forever, the future has to be formed as well, and dwelling on the past won't help you make it in the now.
I guess the reason my reminiscence is because I'm faced with so many choices right now, and am just afraid to choose. But of course there comes a time in life where you have to make your own decisions (with the Lords help of course) and you can't depend on someone else to make them for you anymore. Yeh, I know its called growing up...I just miss the simplicity of earlier years in my life.
Mythos signing out

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Memory lane!!! Wow, it seems so long ago.

My God, it was that long ago.

Now we're all grown up and having babies...

At least, you are.

Or could be.

Or should be.

Well, I"m certainly not.

Heh, I feel old and mature.

Maybe just old.

Anonymous said...

yeh right boo, like I'm ever going to have any kids. I refuse. I'm scared out of my mind by them. The kids here are horrid, I don't want anything like them.
Rosies the one thats having the kid..remember?