Sunday, December 4

Two years have gone, and so has she

It was brought to my attention during Activated meeting tonight, that two years ago today, Megan passed on to her reward, thus explains what this post is about, and what I will write.

It was a normal day, just like any other, we went about our jobs, our lives in normalacy, slacked off here and there, yet something was wrong. We felt it, ever so slightly, but didn't acknowledge it, till the day was our own, till we could pause to reflect on our own time. I remember that tight feeling in my throat, that knot in my stomach, and the urgency to write. What I wrote, I cannot remember for it is not important, its what happened thats important.
My sister, and a friend, both caught the urgency in the spirit as well, and retreated to their own places of solitude to pour the feelings they felt out, each in their own way.
My friend, down to the broken bridge at the end of our property, to cry, and scream, and cry some more. She felt, she heard, she sensed that something was wrong, something was not right. She felt as if someone needed to scream, but couldn't. And she let the feeling loose in her. She cried till there were no more tears, and she screamed till her voice was hoarse. Yet still, there was that urgency in the air, an urgency to pray, for that someone that could not scream for themselves.
My sister, retreated to her room, in the dusty little camper, and poured out her heart on paper. Verses came, poetry, prose, all of it not about the joys of life, not about giving of life, but the taking of it, giving it up.
We all poured out our hearts in our own ways that night, not knowing why we felt the way we did, not knowing that the other felt the same.
The next day, the dreaded news, "Megan is in the hospital and we don't know if she will make it, she has had numerous strokes, and is in a coma. we need to pray for her"*
We were shocked. The few sensitive ones in the home, began crying, and praying desperately for her. Calling on the keys and claiming the Lords promises that he had given.
The most shocking part of the news, was the fact that it had happened the night before, the night when all of us sensed that something was wrong, something was amiss. And someone needed prayer.

I didn't know her as well as some, I wasn't a close friend of hers, I'm not part of her family, but I did think of her as a friend.
I must admit that sometimes I was envious of her, for having all the guys chase her and being left out of the lime light. At parties she was surrounded by them; and me, I stared sullenly and wished I was her. Wished I could be like her, and wondered what it was about her that all the guys liked.
I remember admiring her for how on fire for the Lord she was, and how much she could probably do for the Lord. I remember sitting next to her in inspiration and how I tried my hardest to hit all the same notes as she did, thinking that she had such a wonderful voice, and how I wished mine would sound like that.
I know I probably said some things about her that I shouldn't have had. Thought some things that weren't nice, and I won't justify myself by saying that we all do, because that wouldn't be right.
I cried many tears when I had heard of what had happened. I was sorry for all the things I had said, and thought about her. For I knew I would probably never see her again, but hoped I would so that I could apologize for all the things I'd thought about her, even though I knew she didn't even know about it.
I cried, I prayed, I wrote, I implored the Lord to spare her life, because she could be so mightily used of him here on this earth. I thought that she still had so much to accomplish here, so much to do. But the Lord had bigger plans for her.
Every new update about her situation had us on our knees crying out the Lord to spare her, and give her back life. Raise her from the dead, so to speak, yet he didn't. His ways are not our ways. His thoughts, not our thoughts. I know our prayers didn't go unanswered, they couldn't have been, he just used them in a different way. He is still using her, but up there, and she is more alive than ever now. So he has, risen her from the dead in a way, but not back to this earth,but to live eternally with Him.

*I know I didn't add all the facts to it, its the just brief of what happened. Of what we heard on that day, since all the facts weren't disclosed, from what I can remember at least. So forgive me if I didn't expound.

No comments: