Thursday, December 1

Empty, yet fulfilled

Ahh, there is nothing like an empty house
No noise, no screaming children
Just me, my silence, and a computer
But then the occasional outburst from a lingering child interrupts my silent reverie and startles me back to reality, where I find myself remembering that it is impossible to actually daydream of being in an empty house with 24 people living in it.
Of course the fact that 6 people are away at a teen camp brings the numbers down a bit, and then the Stone's and their Pebbles are away for the better part of the day, so that brings it down some more. And a few other people are missing here and there for their doctors appointments and visits with friends.
So for the most part, the house is empty.
And I get to enjoy at least part of the day in peace.

the myth signs out

No comments: