Friday, February 2

It was good

Well, feastings over, it ended last night.

It was relaxing, I'll say that much, very relaxing and I enjoyed it very much, I didn't get a chance to read everything there was, but what I read was very inspiring. I will be working on the other letters slowly but surely just to make sure I get the most out of them.

The theme of the ending of the feast night 'party' for the girls of the home here was 'crazy/ugly', and the adults it was 'hippie', I don't think there was a theme for the guys... It turned out to be very interesting, very bottle breaking. I had a lot of fun. For drinks we had Margaritas and Pina Coladas, I prefer the margaritas, I'm not so into the coconut taste in the pina coladas. Anyhow, it was fun, for the most part. I had a great time laughing, I don't know about anybody else though. heh...I'll post some pics as soon as I get my hands on them...if thats ever going to happen.

On another note, today I spent the whole day out busking with the people here. Seeing as I had no chance to practice the songs, and didn't know hardly any of the dances to them, I thoroughly embarrassed myself.
I must say it was fun though. I had a good laugh, everyone else had a good laugh and we all got along.
I sold 3 cds all by my little lonesome...ok I had help from the heavenlys, but yeh, I don't speak so much spanish, so that was a feat in itself.
I'm proud of myself, now don't go tearing me down with saying how many cds you can get out, when you speak more spanish than I do.

Ok, I'll be quiet, I'm obviously talking to myself here.

Anyhow, I have no idea what I'm going to be doing tomorrow, but it holds promise for something interesting, I can tell you that much, cause its the Corazones home.

Note to self:
Buy popcorn or some kinda munchies, so I can sit back and enjoy the soap opera that is called 'Life in the Corazones Home'.
(Its really not that bad, I just dubbed it that today, cause I'm so used to living in home with not as many young people and everything.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're doing good Lani! Where are you now anyway? You're in my prayers. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm still in Mex, visiting a home here until the home I'm going to be moving to gets back from their vacations in Cancun.
I saw the posts on your guys' traveling blog, looks like you had a lot of fun.
Miss you tons girl!
get online or write me sometime, I haven't heard from you in ages.