Sunday, November 18

Classy

I have just decided (once again) that Ludwig Van Beethoven was a brilliant man, and I'm not just talking about his music, no, his love letters to his 'immortal beloved'.

"My heart overflows with a longing to tell you so many things -- Oh -- there are moments when I find that speech is quite inadequate."
"Can our love endure without sacrifices, without our demanding everything from one another; -- can you alter the fact that you are not wholly mine, that I am not wholly yours?"
"Your love has made me both the happiest and unhappiest of mortals -At my age I now need stability and regularity in my life - can this coexist with our relationship?"

Exactly how I feel in some aspects, and if you ever get a chance, look them up and read them, absolutely beautiful.

3 comments:

Woozers said...

Wow. That is beautiful.

"Your love has made me both the happiest and unhappiest of mortals"

I relate. Yep. Sure do.

Counting the days till you're here, little sister. xox!

the.cog said...

"Your love has made me both the happiest and unhappiest of mortals"

Really is fantastic. Never knew he had anything else than music, will definitely check it out. cheers.

Matt said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt
matt@wefeelfine.org