Monday, April 16

Snippets

It seems that I have taken up writing once again...off and on though and in spurts.
For some reason though I can't seem to complete anything that I've started, and if I try, it just doesn't come out right, I guess some part of writers block is still there. As of yet, I haven't started writing songs again though, I keep trying, but nothing comes to me.
Here are a few snippets of things that I've written over the last while.

I've been up, I've been down
I turn around
And your still there

*

Never though I'd have to say goodbye
And leave all of you behind
But there comes a time for change
In each and every one of our lives

I've said goodbye so many times
Can I say it one more time
Will I face my fears and wear the tears
That come when I move on

*

When thoughts come screaming out my brain
And emotions I no longer contain
The sun has set upon my grief
Confusion swells with no relief

*

My thoughts roam freely within your mind
And trespass upon secrets inside

*

I've got nothing to give
You've got nothing to gain
So why do you do this
And absorb all my pain

I'll give you one reason
Just let me explain
You are everything to me
And worth all the pain

Through all the sorrows and sadness
I might just complain
But you've given me reason
To smile through my pain

So don't cry my darling
Don't cry in the rain
But smile through your tears
And let me bear your pain

Those are just a few of the things that I've written over the last while, not very good, but I guess it takes time to get that writers streak back.
It comes and goes, like the moving wind, or the tides of the ocean, I just can't be the one to decide when I have it or when I don't.

No comments: