Wednesday, December 20

Yuletide season...where is your cheer?

What I miss this Christmas.

1. Singing practice for caroling with all the people in the South Houston home

2. Everyones foolishness when we were practicing

3. Caroling

4. The jokes and fun we had while caroling

5. Spiked egg nog

6. The old c'mas movies we would watch, like White Christmas

7. Being with my family and friends

8. Livi's cooking

9. Secret Santa

10. A house with internal heating

I have so many memories with you guys in that home, and I miss you all terribly this Christmas season. I hope you guys have the greatest time, and most wonderful Christmas yet!

This, sadly is the first Christmas I'm spending away from any of my family, and also the first Christmas where I'm not part of any singing/caroling team, so I'm feeling very sad and lonely.
Christmas is supposed to be a happy time, an exciting time, a time where your trying to figure out for the whole season who your Secret Santa might be, and what they got you. A time which you spend with your family and close friends. But sadly it doesn't seem to be any of those things for me this year.
No presents wrapped under the tree with my name scrawled on them, no family or close friends to spend it with that are in the home, no caroling and revelry. But I suppose all things change as we grow older.
All that to say, I miss my family, I miss my friends, and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
As for me, I'm going to get myself a nice bottle of rum, and find a state of complete euphoria to snuggle into this Christmas day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A BOTTLE OF RUM!

P.S.
Here are a few pictures I just came across that might brighten up your Christmas day as well

and here is another pic that I couldn't upload, but I thought was funny, in a weird little way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weep!! That's so sad! Makes me want to fly over and rescue you, and I swear, if I had the money at this moment I would too! I'd fly over and take you away to someplace where we could sip hot cocoa together and sing happy Christmas carols to our hearts content. And I'd scrawl your name on presents under the tree too...

I miss you! I'll pray your Christmas is happier than you expect it to be.

Anonymous said...

hehee... u foolish girl... miss all that too... this is also my first christmas without my parents... but at least I have the Emersons to entertain me.. snicker... come visit CTC.. I am doin quite a bit of cookin here.. hope to see u some time soon

Anonymous said...

Oh Love! I miss you too. Wish I could've spent more time with you when you visited... but alas.. we didn't. (way of stating the obvious) I think c'mas was kinda different for all of us this year. Makes you really thank the Lord for all the good times we have... and the bad as well. I love you hon! Have a great New Years. MUAH